Planning for Self sufficiency
In keeping with the principle of Self-sufficiency for our program, we are planning the installation of a Bio-Gas plant. The use of cow-dung from our own Nandi-shala and from other local sources, further enhances the potential for self-sufficiency.
- Dramatically Increases the value of COWS/BULLS thus necessarily reducing the need to slaughter or abandon
- Provides clean cooking biogas and can produce electrical energy
- Transforms organic wastes into high quality fertilizer
- 100% renewable
- Produces energy (heat, light, electricity)
- Improves hygienic conditions through reduction of pathogens, worm eggs and flies
- Controls water and air pollution from Agri-waste, household waste & animal dung.
- Initial cost of installation of the plant is substantial.
- Essential Activities of the program:
- Collecting dung from local farmers
- Processing the dung into gas and fertilizer
- Distributing the products of the Bio-gas plant: sale or exchange of services and raw material